Planning a wedding can be a difficult and stressful experience, we aren’t all born as event planners…. – I see you. To help you get organised and make the most of your special day, here are six easy tips I’ve picked up over the years to help you plan your wedding:
1. Plan some time to think of your non-negotiables for your wedding day, grab a drink, snacks and share these with each other to ensure you’re both getting exactly what you want from your wedding day. You can then list them all in your priority list of whats most important and least important.
2. Set your budget. Come up with a realistic budget before you start purchasing anything. This will help ensure that you don’t blow your budget on unnecessary items, and better spend your money on things that are important to you both.
3. Get organised. Create a wedding project management binder or use an online platform/website to keep track of all your planning documents and contacts.
4. Start early. The sooner you start planning, the more options you’ll have to choose from and the easier it’ll be to meet deadlines. Heads up most of the most loved vendors do get booked out in advanced so reach out sooner than later!
5. Choose your vendors carefully. Take the time to interview potential vendors and select those who will best meet your needs. Specially with your photographers and videographers – you need to connect and vibe with us!
6. Enjoy the process. Take breaks when you’re feeling overwhelmed and remember to have fun. After all, it’s your wedding day!
By following these tips, you’ll be more organised and better prepared for your big day.
Good luck and happy planning! Feel free to share this around to anyone else whos starting their wedding planning journey!
Moments & Waves Wedding Photography / Bay of Islands, New Zealand